Alumni Success Story
Ho Hoang Duy – a talented alumnus of APU, has just received the certificate for outstanding Doctoral student in Computer Science at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. This achievement extends the accomplishments he has achieved throughout his study and research journey:
• Graduated from APU as a valedictorian in 2014
• Received a full scholarship from the University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC), majoring in Computer Science
• Graduated with a bachelor’s degree with an impressive GPA of 3.91 / 4.00
• Received Dean’s International Scholar Award (DISA) scholarship by UMKC
• 1st Prize winner of the UMKC’s Hack-A-Roo coding competition in 2019
• 1st Prize winner of the UMKC’s Hack-A-Roo coding competition in 2020
• Member of UMKC Student Council
• Received the “Summa Cum Laude” Latin Honor and “UMKC’s Honors Graduate” from the UMKC Honors College.
Ho Hoang Duy has a brother and a sister who are both APU graduates (Ho Hoang Phuc graduated as the valedictorian in 2013 and Ho Hoang Phuong Uyen graduated as the salutatorian in 2020). Hoang Duy also graduated as the valedictorian in 2014. After graduating with a bachelor’s degree at UMKC, he is currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Artificial Intelligence and teaching at UMKC.
Duy always gives it his best and looks for new research methods for his work. That was the key factor that helped him to receive the certificate for outstanding Doctoral student in Computer Science. This achievement is a deserved outcome thanks to a long process of skill development and self-study, which began when he was at APU.
Duy did not forget to express his heartfelt gratitude to APU’s teachers, especially Dr. Binh Thy Nguyen Tran, who has supported and guided him since the beginning. Furthermore, Duy emphasized that his time at APU provided him with a strong foundation that helped him to achieve his current success: “My biggest fortune at APU is that I had early access to the American education and that studying with native teachers had helped me overcome the major obstacles and smoothly familiarize myself with the foreign cultures. APU has helped me discover and give me confidence in my own abilities.”
Once again, congratulations to Duy on his outstanding achievements. Hopefully, Duy will keep up his learning spirit to achieve even more resounding successes on his research and career path.
NGUYEN ANH TAI
APU Alumni - Class of 2021