The Principal and college counselors work with students to provide assistance in a variety of areas including:
- Defining educational goals
- Choosing classes to meet those goals
- Assisting with career information and choices
- Understanding stated graduation requirements
- Planning for post-high school education and training
- Exploring scholarships and grants
- Assisting with academic or personal problems
Students may make an appointment with the Principal, Dean of Students, or college counselors to schedule time to ensure that their needs are met.
College Application Assistance
APU International School prepares students for university with its rigorous academic programs and rich extracurricular opportunities. The school aims to prepare students for the independence they will find in university.
Counselors meet individually with students and their parents during all three upper school years. Students are provided with specific and individual guidance regarding college applications, admissions requirements, scholarships, curriculum, testing, and campus visits.
The school also holds information sessions on college planning during the school year, which parents of seniors, juniors, and sophomores are strongly urged to attend. During these sessions, university counselors provide information about course selection, private university admissions, university requirements, and standardized exams.