College Bridge Program
What is the College Bridge Program?
APU International College Bridge Program (CBP) gives students an opportunity to experience college coursework and earn college credit before graduating from high school.
APU College Bridge Program prepares young adults for the transition to college while saving their families thousands of dollars in college tuition, room and board. While experiencing the rigors of a college education, CBP students get a head start on their college coursework and the opportunity to explore their career interests and disciplines from early on.
Credits earned through the College Bridge Program are recognized by most respected American colleges and universities (*). These courses are taught by highly credential professors.
Use the College Bridge Program to accelerate your studies!
At APU, qualified high school students can skip of high school, take college classes via our College Bridge Program, and receive dual credit for both a high school diploma and a college degree. Students can save one or two years in earning their bachelor’s degrees. Extra time will be needed if students must start in Intensive ELD.
The College Bridge Program allows students to:
- Fast Track: Enter college before completing high school and graduate from university at least one year earlier than your high school classmates.
- Save Time and Money: Get a high school diploma plus earn transferable university credit at the same time. Take classes that count for both high school and university transfer!
Who takes College Bridge Program courses?
- Students who have not finished high school and want to start their college study.
- Mature, motivated students who are prepared for a challenging academic environment.
- High school students who want to continue their education in the US.
Student must submit high school transcripts (not required for admission purposes), including ninth grade, translated into English. A faxed copy of transcripts is acceptable for preliminary evaluation and class planning (official transcripts are required for graduation). Our evaluators assess your transcripts for previously completed classes and let you know how many classes you will need to complete at APU International School to earn your high school diploma.
College Bridge Program classes are academic classes. You must meet English proficiency requirements in order to begin academic classes. You may need to enroll in our English Language Development Program if you have not met the approved English proficiency requirements.
Transfer to Universities:
Experienced academic counselors assist in class selection and university transfer planning to top US universities.
- Applicants must be a minimum of 16 years of age
- Students are not eligible if they already completed high school and received a diploma
- Highly recommended: Only one year of high school remaining at time of enrollment.
- Students can live in our on-campus housing. For housing
placement, submit the following:
- Housing application
- Housing Placement Fee
Tel: (08)3962 4898 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call Ms Truc Ly: (08) 3962 4898
(*) since the US has more than 4500 colleges and universities, it is the responsibility of the student to work with a college counselor to make certain they enroll in courses that help give them a jump start on their American university education.